For the guys
We just added an exciting new dimension to our Bonnie Jayne Art offerings. Based on comments we received at various shows, we listened and have started a new offering geared more for the men but not exclusively so. We added items made from buffalo to our offering. we’re starting out with “possibles” bags patterned after the bags used by mountain men during the fur trade years. As with all Bonnie Jayne Art bags, these ruggedly handsome bags are hand cut and hand stitched in the Native American style using sinew rather than thread for added strength and durability. We hope you like this fun addition to our line.
Coming soon – Hand crafted jewelry
Business Card Holders
Looking for that one of a kind gift or a fun compliment to your Bonnie Jayne Art natural cowhide handbag? How about one of our hand crafted natural cowhide business card holders! Each holder is hand stitched from a single hide, ensuring consistency of color and texture. Each measures approximately 3 1/2″ high by 4 1/2″ wide; ideal for holding standard 2″ by 3 1/2″ business cards. #$15.00 ea.
Item # 4140 ~ $15.00.
About our products
Every hide used in Bonnie Jayne Art products is natural supple cowhide leather. As such, each hide is unique with a character of its own. No two items are identical . Natural cowhide may shed some. This is normal and should be expected. They might contain branding marks, variation in color and texture, scars and blemishes . These are not defects. Rather, they add to the distinctive personality of the product. Add to this the fact that all products are hand cut and hand stitched, when you purchase a natural cowhide product from Bonnie Jayne Art, you will own an elegant yet fun to wear product that no one else will have.
The accessories you will find at Bonnie Jayne Art include braided wrist bands, pony tail wraps, cowhide upholstered foot stools and other cowhide items. The hair on products are made from natural cowhide leather. Items such as the smooth wrist bands are made from leather that may be dyed to produce that special color.
Care of your Bonnie Jayne Art natural cowhide leather product
It is important to remember that cowhides are a natural product and, like everything else, will wear over time.
Here are a few tips for taking care of leather…
- Avoid placing your cowhide in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time otherwise the leather will start to bleach and dry out.
- Do not allow grit and dirt to build up to excessive levels on your leather as this could cause an abrasive affect.
- To remove dust and debris you can shake out the hide or gently vacuum using the suction attachment only, without the vacuum’s beater bar.
- The hide’s natural oils resist staining, simply wipe up any spills. If a stain should occur use mild or neutral soap, warm water, and a soft brush and rub lightly, going with the grain of the hair.
- Keep sharp objects and animal claws away from your leather as these can score the leather.
- Do not place your leather near to strong heat sources such as open fires, heat outlets or sources of damp.
- Lighter colors will wear just as well as darker ones but will need to be cared for more often.
- Deal with spills as soon as possible otherwise permanent stains can result. Use a damp clean cloth and wipe dry.
- Do not use furniture polish, abrasive cleaners, soaps, varnishes or any ammonia based products as these products may contain solvents which will break down the protective coatings of the leather.
- The inside of each Bonnie Jayne Art handbag has been treated with Scotchgard™. The best way to care for the inside of your handbag is to use a suede eraser and suede brush.
Orders are shipped either UPS Ground or USPS.
We offer free shipping for orders of $150.00 and over.
Enjoy the compliments you are sure to receive.